Deer Fence that Really Keeps Out Deer
Why Our Deer Fence Works: What You Should Know
The world has two types of really good deer fencing. One is metal hexagrid fencing (the best but also more expensive) and the other is the more traditional polypropylene deer fencing.
The metal hexagrid fencing ends all deer penetrations. Strong, good-looking, and less visible than most kinds of polypropylene deer fencing, metal hexagrid fencing is the longest-lasting deer fencing available today. The average cost of materials (with variations) for a metal hexagrid deer fence (including the fencing, posts, gates, and accessories) comes to about $6 per linear foot. Its estimated life (again with variations depending on circumstances) is roughly 20 years.
The more traditional polypropylene fencing, most of it made by the Tenax Corporation, comes in several grades that reliably keep out deer. The basic requirement is that the fencing contain at least 80 grams of polypropylene per square meter. Lighter grades, commonly sold as bargains by mass marketers, are good for wrapping shrubs and such; but they won't reliably keep out deer, because the deer, if they choose, can walk right through them. Assuming your poly meets the minimum 80 gram standard, the typical cost of materials for a polypropylene deer fence (including fence rolls, posts, gates, and accessories) ranges from $3.50 to $4.50 per linear foot. Such poly fences have an expected life on the order of 10 years, those with the strongest grades of poly doing somewhat better.
Supplies and Information
We offer all this metal and poly fencing at rock-bottom prices, along with a wide selection of professional-grade supplies -- posts, gates, and accessories (see Products). We also provide lots of information (see Deer Facts, Options, and Planning); and for those who wish to install their own fence or brush up on installation procedures, we provide the best set of deer fence installation videos and written installation instructions available anywhere. We also offer Quotes as well as expert guidance by phone (508-888-8305) or email, plus valuable advice on how to cut installation costs.
Why You Should Buy from Us
- We Pledge You: High quality, competitive prices, prompt delivery, sound guidance, and satisfaction.
- Wide Product Choice: Our products cover the full range of effective barrier deer fencing tools and supplies.
- Broad Experience: We have knowledge of both barrier fence and electric fence. So we can help you weigh the pros and cons of these alternatives, both alone and in combination.
- Guidance: These pages and our Deer Fence Installation Videos contain all the information needed for you or your chosen workers to install our barrier deer fencing–allowing you to avoid high professional installation fees.
- Consultation: Our customer service desk is available to help with product options, quotes, and technical queries.
Other McGregor Websites
The McGregor Fence Company LLC has other websites and catalog stores dedicated to dog fence, cat fences, bear fences, electric deer fences, electric horse fences, discount electric fence supplies, garden fences for keeping out small animals, and garden fences for keeping out all animals. These sites can be reached from our links page.